DIRECTOR OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT/TIF
|January 25, 2013 - March 31, 2013|
|Salary Range:||$80,000 - $90,000|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Package |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This position is responsible for planning and coordinating the administrative activities for city functions of economic development and Tax Increment Financing (TIF). This position will assist the City Manager's Office with other related duties as assigned by the City Manager. This position requires a high degree of administrative ability in coordinating varied functions and responsibilities.|
This position reports directly to the City Manager. Works with minimal direct supervision; City Manager is kept apprised of activities and status of assigned projects. City Manager is consulted in problematic situations, or when difficulties arise.
|Duties:||* Plans, directs, assigns, oversees and supervises the work of the Economic Development department. |
* Markets the City to attract suitable development that enhances economic growth and progress, and negotiates incentives that urge development in Collinsville.
* Maintains a database of available business sites and buildings. Assists existing businesses and prospective new businesses by providing demographic information, site data, and other resources.
* Attends necessary meetings of the Economic Development Commission, Historic Preservation Commission and City Council and serves as a liaison for the Economic Development Commission and Historic Preservation Commission. Ensures ongoing communication with each commission, keeping abreast of their activities. Provides recommendations and assistance as needed.
* Develops short and long range economicdevelopment goals and formulates policies and programs to achieve those goals. Evaluates effectiveness of economic development programs and services on an annual basis.
* Assesses needs for economic development, prioritizes those needs, and makes budget recommendations to the City Manager to ensure available funding to meet those needs. Identifies sources and prepares grant applications for City projects to further development. Administers grant funds and revolving loan funds for economic development projects.
* Maintains an effective business retention program.
* Assists City Manager with other related projects as assigned, following specific instructions stated by the City Manager on a case-by-case basis.
* Other duties as assigned by the City Manager and/or City Council.
|Qualifications:||Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required by the Position|
Knowledge of general economic development and TIF practices is required. Position requires negotiating skills, and the ability to communicate with people at all levels, including employees, contractors, developers, attorneys, business owners, citizens, etc.
Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workload. Ability to fulfill necessary duties with a minimum of supervision. Ability to make responsible decisions. Ability to function effectively under stress. Must possess a valid driverís license.
Acceptable Experience and Training
The minimum requirements of this position are as follows: Bachelorís Degree in a related field is required. Masterís Degree or other advanced certification is preferred. Previous experience in economic development required. Any equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience will be considered.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.